Monday, June 6, 2011

My Shtick (Why you should read this blog)

Ever wake up one morning and wonder what you were doing with your life? Well four years ago today I woke up wondering how I was going to live my life after just losing my mother to almost a decade long battle with lung cancer. My goal here today is to revive this blog with energy and intent. If you are new to reading this blog, then I promise you stories and probing questions that will help you become a more effective person.

The term effective is left up to your interpretation. Effective could be a more successful career, a more devoted mother or a stronger level of involvement in your community. I’ve got an amazing ability with words (hence the blog) and a way with finding the best in others. That what I’m best at or as my friend Kenny says it this is my shtick. I have this way of inspiring people and helping them become a more complete person. I don’t have a script on how we find a better you, so I apologize now if you want an outline. I’m not here to say there is something wrong with you. It’s possible you are reading and thinking to yourself “hey, my life is pretty freakin awesome.” If that’s the case, then consider me here to help you make it really freakin awesome.

The chairman of Google said that there is as much information created in 48 hours as there was from the beginning of mankind up until 2003. Given that, my goal is to be structured. I’ll aim to release blog posts on Monday and Thursday mornings. I challenge you to keep me honest on that promise. For those who want to understand the running reference for the blog, you can read my first blog post: “One Day I Just Started Running.” This is where my story begins.

No comments: